Saturday, December 28, 2019

Musecraft with Phyllo Nova

with Phyllo Nova
A little more than a year ago, I wasn’t doing art, or anything for that matter. I was pre-diabetic, had suffered my second heart attack (by 45 no less), and was close to 400 lbs. I was on a litany of pills that were essentially letting me die slowly. I was ready to kill myself. But there were people around, so I waited.
If you hang around with a fractured soul long enough you're bound to lose an “I”. All of the “self” in me dissolved and I realized I was not alone in this mental silence that I suddenly found myself in. 
I studied several forms of magic in my youth, and was familiar with pushing around my will. I gave the presence in my mind permission to speak. It expressed to me without language that all would be ok, and that if I could suffer death then I could suffer any lesser fate gladly. I had to move forward as though this embodiment of the cosmos had blessed me. That was my truth.
Over the next year, this work has flowed through me. The subject matter comes from the spirits and teachers I encounter on my psychic excursions and deep meditations, and it’s a way to express gratitude for all they have taught me about existing. During these psychic excursions, I have learned what I call horcrux magic. Much of what I paint is an expression of this spellwork. 
I mostly work in acrylic and watercolor, some pen and marker as well. I like these media mostly because they are the most readily available. I’m really just getting started. One spirit, Luka the Joyous, wants to be manifested in wood and metal, so I’m currently working on that. I will work in whatever medium my current spirit guide inspires me to.
My advice to other artists is to see your art as THE thing of value, not as a commodity or price tag; it’s value begins in the present when brush meets canvas.

Please visit my website Phyllonovaart.com. I am currently working on a Tarot deck, as a thesis on the theosophy and practice of horcrux magic. I hope that you are inspired by my artwork, and please contact me at phyllonovaart@gmailcom to purchase my work, commission my art or calligraphy, or to get a Tarot card reading. Thank you for your sacred attention.







No comments:

Post a Comment