Saturday, December 28, 2019

We are on indefinite hiatus

Dear Readers,
For the past 2 ½ years, you have sent me your articles, pictures, artwork, and poetry. You have written on topics when I asked for them, you have shared your stories, you’re thoughts, you’re recipes, and you’re taste in music. All of you created the content of The Center Spiral for 11 issues, and I cannot thank you enough.
However, the task of organizing, building, compiling, advertising, and planning all of these amazing things into a cohesive whole has been monumental. In fact, it is too monumental for one person, especially when it is not that one person’s full time job. Unfortunately, I am that person, and I am unable to do this anymore.

Because of this, The Center Spiral will be going on hiatus indefinitely. There may be a time when we start again in another form, something better organized, better planned, and better manned, but I do not know when, or if, that will be.
We do have a plethora of submissions for the upcoming Rites of Passage issue, and I have not failed to consider those. We will publish each article as it’s own blog post at thecenterspiral.blogspot.com over the next couple of weeks, and share each one on our Facebook page. Any paid for ads will be shared this way as well, and refunded. The paypal will shut down, the email will remain open, though rarely checked, the blog will remain active, and the Facebook page will simply go silent, all after January 5, 2020.
I would like to give a massive thank you to everyone who served on my staff. I can promise you, this would have happened a long time ago if I did not have wonderful people helping me get things done.
I would also like to thank everyone who contributed to any issue. Especially if you did so regularly. This magazine would not have happened had I not had content from our contributors to fill the pages. Every article, poem, story, work of art and picture made this amazing.
Thank you to everyone who worked to make The Center Spiral happen. I am sorry I could not keep it going any longer. I appreciate your understanding.
With regret,
Emily Gabbert
Editor


No comments:

Post a Comment